Thursday, March 1, 2012

A New Design

Today my daughter Sidra and I began a new design for our lives.  She made up a calendar listing of things we are going to attempt to do on a daily basis, and yet have some time for ourselves to do some creative play and get things accomplished at the same time.  It's hard for me to chill and just do something fun, but this year is going to be a turning point for both of us.  I have a scrap book that was a Christmas gift and all the things I will need in order to decorate it and make it mine.  There will be draawings from Brian Junior, pictures of Jack when he was little, pictures of all the kids, grandkids, and grandma and grandpa dating back to early days all the way through to the present.  It will be so great to decorate and make things clean too.  I am thankful for the help because I am getting older.  I hurt in many places I've never hurt before and yet when I put on music that Jack and I use to listen to when we first got together, it makes me feel young and I can get a lot done.  You don't have time to mope either when you're listening to Led Zepplin or Aerosmith, or any of a dozen groups.  I can't bring myself to listen to slow music when I have things that need to get done.  I'll sample the slow relaxing strains of Jazz after the work is done and I want to rest and get into something fun. 

Today a crew of tree people came and started cutting down the big eucalyptus trees up on the hill across from our house.  They cut the tops off first because these trees have been there forever.  I am glad because the hill is washing away and pretty soon the roots will be exposed and a good strong wind could produce a dangerous incident to take place, like trees falling on our house or our awning.  There is a ficus tree that needs to come down in our yard, but I don't know if they will do that or even if it's scheduled to be taken down.  We want to put avocado trees in the yard and I'd love to put in a magnolia tree.  I want our yard to be really well done and I still want to put roses out front and just let the manager complain about things.  That's what managers do I guess.  It's our yard...I think we should have some say so in what the yard looks like.

I couldn't fall asleep last night until almost 1:00, and I woke up at 5:30 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep,  I feel great though, but I did take a 2 hour nap that rather rounded things out.  I didn't have to take my meds right away because I got up around 2:00 last night and took 16 mg of Trilafon and that carried me quiet a ways today.  I got a notice in the mail about the pre-diabetes clinic we have to go to later in the month.  The 27th I believe.  We will go to it together and I'll take notes if necessary.  I will do whatever it takes to make Jack healthy and to help him lose weight.  His doctor will want to see him too I imagine.

I won't make this very long because I want to work on my scrap book.  I will make dinner and put those dishes in to soak and my day is finished.  I'll go back and work some more on my scrap book after dinner.  I don't think we'll watch TV tonight.  I think Grandpa wants to play with Nine.  I don't know if she wants to or not, but if he asks her I'm almost positive she won't turn him down.  As long as we get to do some things we want to do, I think things will work out fine.

So for now, I will say goodbye and collect the pictures I want to use in the book.  I know where the drawings are and this will be fun to do.

Happy reading. 

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment