Saturday, March 24, 2012

Just to Reach Out to You Grandkids

Hi Kids!  Grandma has been amiss of late in writing to you here on Across the Years, and I have been observing all of you in the ways you carry yourselves and the things you say and do.  I know that having your parents in 2 different places is difficult, and you may have conflicting opinions and feelings about what's happening.  Your parents may talk to you and yet not confide in you as to what exactly is happening.  People grow apart sometimes and it's no one's fault really.  Your Mom and Dad just approach life in different ways and they don't seem to be able to reconcile the differences and continue on this particular pathway.  You always have a place here in my home and we can talk about things anytime you want.  I don't know your Mom's and Dad's hearts and I can't give you information if I don't have any myself.  Just know that your Mom and Dad both love you, Nana and Nano love you, Diego loves you, and last but certainly not least, Nine and Grandpa and Grandma love you more than you can imagine.  I don't like to see you have to carry on your daily lives when inside you may be churning and unhappy.  I want to see you laugh and smile like you did before all this happened.

This happened at a very difficult time for all of you.  Your become teenagers and going through puberty and that's hard enough when everything is going fine at home.  I can just imagine how difficult concentrating on your schoolwork must be when you may be angry and frustrated at your parent's situation.  Just know that your Mom and Dad are 2 very different people and no matter how often they talk, nothing seems to get resolved.  It's a difficult time for all of us.

BUT!  There is a God who loves you, all of you, even Mom and Dad and He wants to see things work out for all of you.  Even if you don't think so right now, if you ask God to help you and your parents, things will get better.  I pray for them, and you need to pray too.  Let them know how you feel.  If they knew how you feel inside and the struggles you are facing every day, and the anger you must feel, maybe they would explain things to you in a way that will help you understand both of them.  If you want to talk about your feelings and you can't confront your parents, you can talk with your grandparents and Nine and we will try to help you with it.  I don't want to go on and on over the same thing, I just want you to know that you can confide in us and we will try to help you.  I don't know what goes on in your mind.  You can express whatever you feel and we will listen and try to be of help to you.

We love you so much and that's the bottom line! 

Love You All,
Grandma

4 comments:

  1. Great job, Grandma, on something our little treasures certainly need to know. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Grandpa. I remember when my parent's were fighting and screaming at each other and I firmly believe that their difficulties affected me in such a negative way that I blame a lot of my problems on their lack of constructive communication. Grandma didn't help much. I love our grandchildren so much and I don't like to think of them suffering in silence the way I had to. Nobody talked to us. They couldn't have cared less. So Sad. Again thank you. I can always count on you to stear me in the right direction if I go about this wrong. I love you and I'll see you tonight when you get home. Love you Honey,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. It personally makes me sad for the kids because Lorena and Brian can be very selfish people. Although it does not mean that kids will be screwed up, but I beleive that the kids have a much better child hood with two parents envolved. They need to put their differences aside and think of their kids first. Lorena may be incapable of that but Brian I know is a very intellegent person. I know he loves his kids. I also know that at some point there is nothing you can do but seperate. Especially if there is a chance of violence. I would hate to see Brian in jail for domestic violence. I know I am not there and i dont see much. I am however in a relationship that is being held together by my kids. I love my babies to death and if it benefits them to have me and Lori stay together then that is what i will do. I love Lori, but i feel that i don not make her happy and havent for a long time. I am at a point where my injury and my loss of pay and lori's school and the kids school,and that fact that I cant pay my bills on time have really taken its toll on me. I feel lost in a vast forest with sense of direction. It can be difficult. I want Brian and Venus and Angel and Kris to know that i love them very much and even though I am not there, I think about them often and I pray for them often. They always have a place in my heart and in my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids try so hard. They go to school every day and they do their homework as soon as they get here on Monday and Tuesday. Venus loves Sidra to death and follows her around like a little puppy. She is very quiet and putting on lbs. She weighs over 150. Brian hardly ever comes, but when he does he is also very quiet and keeps to himself. Angel is her usual happy-go-lucky self and doesn't seem to be bothered by much. She is into reading and she likes to help us when she is here. I am doing the best I can to feed them and take care of their needs when they are here. Angel read this post, but I don't think Venus or Bri have read it. I feel so sorry for the kids. They can't possibly understand all this without some help, so that's what I and all of us are trying to do. Thanks for your input. I'll keep you posted if things change.
      Love, Mom

      Delete