Monday, February 27, 2012

Cold Rainy Weather Here In San Diego

Today I woke up about an hour early, and got up to have coffee with my hubby.  I was pleasantly surprised that a friend of his had been referred to one of my sites and had left a comment!  I was so pleased.  I need to spend more time visiting others and letting them know I like what they're doing as well and maybe I'd have more readers!

I did all the things I normally do, dishes, cooking, etc., but it was grey and looked like rain and it was a day to just be cozy around the ol' homestead and I just relaxed more and enjoyed it.  The grandkids arrived around 3:45 or so, and I fixed them all hot tea and they did their homework.  Kris, the 5 year old, played a game on the TV and played with his basketball, and he was pretty content with his tea as well.  While they were doing their homework, I made them all some ramen and also made Jack's dinner to take to work.  It was hectic for a little bit, but I got everything done, and Jack left for work at 5:00. 

At 6:30 I decided to go ahead and make dinner for the ones who were here, and I made rotini with chicken and alfredo sauce, and warmed up some corn.  Everyone ate and we watched TV for a little while.  Then I got on the internet to post a new one on A Light In The Night, and sent an e-mail to my husband.  Just as I got started, the lightning hit the empty lot next door and the thunder was so loud I signed off and decided I'd finish it later!

I made fresh coffee, had a cup, and after talking with my daughter Sidra for a little while, I got back on the internet, as the storm had passed, and finished my post.  The children and their Mom left around 9:15 and the rest of the evening was peaceful.  I have music to listen to, a book to read, and maybe some more writing in my journal.  I had a very enjoyable day and just was at peace.  I am happy in my mind and heart, and I love my family and have a little place to call me own.  All in all, I have a very good life, and I am very thankful to God for all my many blessings, and for the people in my life that make my day's complete.  I am very blessed, and I like telling others that no matter what your problems may be, if you have someone to love, you can make it through just about anything together.  (Providing they love you in return!)  God loves us, even when we don't deserve it, and I am so thankful that there is a God, and that He promised to always be with us.

For now, I am going to say goodnight, and I'll be back tomorrow providing nothing unforseen happens.  

Goodnight,
Bonzo 

No comments:

Post a Comment