Friday, February 24, 2012

A Day of Rest and Peace

Today was unusual in that I woke up at 6:30 instead of having to be pried out of the sack at 7:30 which is usually when I get up to get Jack's lunch and coffee ready.  I took my medicine last night, fell asleep around 1:00 and then woke up so early!  It was nice because I felt so refreshed and at peace.  I have reached a level of competency with my medications, and they work wonders when you get it right.  I did a lot of posting and reading, listened to some meditation music and lit some candles and incense.  It was so restful and peaceful that even our dog "Dude" fell asleep on the couch.  My oldest granddaughter Venus, calls it my hypnosis music.  I think they like it though because they all get really quiet and just listen while they work on their crafts or whatever my daughter Sidra finds for them to do.  Sometimes they all go out to a local store and bring back things to do.  My daughter was a pre-school teacher before all the problems with the economy.  She also worked for Halmark and as a result has a ruptured disc in her lower back and can't pick up anything heavier than 20 lbs.  She helps me here at home and is a God-send when it comes to going to the store and just general things at home.  I would be so lost without my wonderful daughter.  She has brought so much happiness to me, and is my best female friend.  I love her to pieces.

In the every day running of the house, there are always dishes to be done, trash to take out, cleaning up after the pet, organizing things, and just generally being very busy.  I make iced tea by the gallons because everyone loves it and it isn't hard to do, just tedious.  I cook everynight and I've been trying to help all of us get healthy by putting everyone on the DASH diet which is a wonderful way to bring down blood pressure and tryglicerides.  It also is excellent for losing weight and we all need to do that except my oldest son Brian.  He came back home to live about a year ago, and had a problem with drinking and being overweight.  He has since lost 80 lbs, and stopped drinking and has turned himself around.  I am very proud of all my children.  They mean the world to me and I love them so much. 

Today is a day of reflection and peaceful pursuits and I really enjoyed posting to my other site, A Light In The Night.  I felt so led to really say what's on my mind and I am pleased with the results.  It's time to think about other people in this world and the conditions they have to live with.  If those of us who are overweight would think mindfully about what we are putting in our bodies and think about the children who eat ketchup in hot water to survive over the weekend because they're homeless and live on the streets, we'd all lose weight more easily.  It's disgusting to think of all that we cram in hand over fist while little children are going hungry.  I am going to fast I think and get my priorities straight.  I have a home, food, clothes, a truck, I have all I need in every area of my life.  It's time to look deeply into our motives and change the things that are wrong in our own lives and help the needy.  I want to set a good example for my family members of which there are 14 now.  My husband, our 3 kids, their wives, and the 7 grandchildren.  I am the oldest member of the family and have always been the oldest child in my Mother and Father's family.  I have always been a very strong person and said what's on my mind.  I feel I owe it to my family to change my ways, and I began doing it this last Monday.  I read a lot, meditate, pray and take care of my family.  We are in a desperate situation here in America.  It's time we all took a stand and be counted for what we are doing to help our fellow-man.  It's past time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment